Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community  
Go Back   Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community > Cake Decorating Ideas and Help > Holiday Cakes

Old 01-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
rntyler

View rntyler's Photo Album My Photos
Default valentines

Anyone have any special recipes for Valentine day
rntyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CakeForum.com

Join Cake Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CakeForum.com is a free community of fun people who enjoy making cakes and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesn’t matter if you’re just getting started or if you’re an old pro, you’ll find the Cake Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it’s totally free!

Join CakeForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 02-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
Jill

View Jill's Photo Album My Photos

I have not got a special recipe I have got a couple of cakes ordered just thinking about designs on them. Both people want vanilla sponge and buttercream.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Lee

View Lee's Photo Album My Photos

Nothing here. Seems like chocolate is huge this time of the year!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
ravi123

View ravi123's Photo Album My Photos

As per my opinion you can use Chocolate & raspberry macaroons.

Ingredients

170g icing sugar
160g ground almonds
120ml egg whites from about 4 medium eggs, separated into 2 equal batches
160g granulated sugar
½ tsp red food colouring (see tip)
For the filling
120g double cream
110g dark chocolate, finely chopped
25g unsalted butter, room temperature
75g raspberry jam

Method

Place the icing sugar and ground almonds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse about 15 times until fully combined. Sieve this mixture into a large bowl, discarding any particles that stay in the sieve. Add the first batch of egg whites to the almond mixture, mix to form a thick paste and set aside.
Tip the second batch of egg whites into a spotlessly clean, heatproof bowl and have an electric whisk at the ready. Place 50ml water and the granulated sugar into a small saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the syrup registers 110C, using a sugar thermometer, at which time start to beat the egg whites on high speed. Once the syrup is at 118C pour it slowly down the side of the mixer bowl, avoiding the moving whisk. Continue to whisk on high until the mixture has cooled slightly and you have a shiny peaked meringue mixture – the bowl should no longer be hot to the touch, but still warm. Add the colouring and whisk to combine.

Tip the meringue onto the almond mixture and gently fold together. It is important not to over-mix the batter – it should fall in a thick ribbon from the spatula (A). The ribbon should also fade back into the batter within about 30 secs – if it doesn’t, fold a few more times.

Heat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3-4. Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment. Transfer the batter to a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. Pipe rounds about 2.5cm in diameter onto the prepared baking sheets (B). Leave to rest for 30 mins out of the fridge, or until the macaroons have developed a skin.

Bake the macaroons for 14 mins (this needs to be precise so you could test a macaroon first). Immediately slide the parchment onto the work surface and cool for a few minutes before gently peeling the macaroons off the paper.
To make the filling, place the cream in a small saucepan and the chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring the cream just to the boil and pour over the chocolate. Leave to stand for a few mins, then stir to combine. Add the butter and stir until smooth, then leave to set until thickened. Place the chocolate mix into a clean piping bag with a smaller nozzle and pipe around the edge of half the macaroons (C). Fill the centre with jam and sandwich with another macaroon shell.
ravi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:26 AM   #5
bookthesurprise

View bookthesurprise's Photo Album My Photos

Hello

Really nice i am preaparing
bookthesurprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:49 PM   #6
Caroline1

View Caroline1's Photo Album My Photos

I love to have red velvet cake and it's color make it more apt for the valentines day..I guess
Caroline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:22 AM   #7
florabrown

View florabrown's Photo Album My Photos

Hello

"Chocolate Ganache Mini-Cakes"

Ingredients

Mini-Cakes

box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ devil's food cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
Filling

2/3
cup raspberry jam
Ganache and Garnish

oz dark baking chocolate, chopped
2/3
cup whipping cream
tablespoon raspberry-flavored liqueur, if desired
Fresh raspberries, if desired

Directions

1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place miniature paper baking cup in each of 60 mini muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed on box. Fill muffin cups three-fourths full (about 1 heaping tablespoon batter each).
2 Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3 Place chocolate in medium bowl. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling; pour over chocolate. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in liqueur. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture coats a spoon.
4 Meanwhile, by slowly spinning end of round handle of wooden spoon back and forth, make deep, 1/2-inch-wide indentation in center of top of each cupcake, not quite to bottom (wiggle end of spoon in cupcake to make opening large enough).
5 Spoon jam into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 3/8-inch tip off 1 corner of bag. Insert tip of bag into opening in each cupcake; squeeze bag to fill opening.
6 Spoon about 1 teaspoon ganache onto each mini-cake. Garnish each with raspberry. Store loosely covered.
florabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:38 AM   #8
liyagrey

View liyagrey's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hidden heart valentines day cake

chef:
2 x 175g unsalted butter, softened
2 x 175g golden caster sugar
6 large egg
2 x 140g self-raising flour, sifted
2 x ½ tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 x 85g ground almond
2 x 100ml milk
3 tsp vanilla extract
28ml bottle red food colouring or ½ tsp red food colouring gel

For the icing

100ml double cream
200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
50g unsalted butter
pink sprinkles (optional)

Method

Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with a long strip of baking parchment. Cream 175g butter and 175g sugar until light and fluffy. Beat 3 of the eggs and pour in, a little at a time, mixing after each addition. Sift together 140g flour, 1⁄2 tsp baking powder and the cocoa, then fold into the butter mixture along with the almonds. Combine 100ml milk, 11⁄2 tsp vanilla and all the food colouring and add to the batter, then mix until evenly coloured.

Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 1 hr 10 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack. When cool, cut the cake into 4cm slices. Using a 5cm cutter, stamp out the hearts (save any remaining cake for another treat).

Repeat step 1 to make a second cake mixture – you won’t have cocoa or food colour in this batch. Pour 3⁄4 of the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Push the bottoms of the hearts into the batter in a tightly packed row. Spoon over the remaining cake mixture, covering as much of the hearts as possible. bake for 1 hr or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

For the icing, gently heat all the ingredients over a low heat until combined. Leave to cool, then chill until needed. Spread over the cooled cake and decorate with the sprinkles, if using. Will keep for 3 days stored in a cake tin.
liyagrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:33 AM   #9
bookthecake

View bookthecake's Photo Album My Photos

Get the delicious cake as like your relationship.we prepare special design cake for valentine's day
bookthecake is offline   Reply With Quote